Just Cause Oakland – Minister of Money
Just Cause Oakland is a mass-based organization in Oakland, CA, organizing low-income workers and tenants to fight for economic and racial justice. We are a multi-racial, multi-generational organization building a powerful voice for Oakland’s working-class residents through a combination of grassroots organizing campaigns and leadership development. We are involved in a long-term campaign to end the process of gentrification in our city. In order to do that we are fighting evictions and rent increases, calling for policy changes around affordable housing and rent control, and pushing for a massive reinvestment of money from the local and national government in housing.
Just Cause is looking to hire someone experienced in grant-writing and grassroots fundraising. This position will work with the Administrative Director in preparing grants and grant reports, organizing fundraising events and grassroots fundraising appeals, and managing relationships with our donors.
Responsibilities of the staff person will be:
• Research and identify grant funding opportunities
• Prepare grant proposals and reports
• Plan and execute grassroots fundraising events
• Develop and send newsletters and direct mail appeals
• Manage donor and grant database
• Maintain regular communication with donors and prospects
We are looking for someone who has:
• Two years of development/fundraising experience
• Written at least 5 grant proposals
• Ability to manage a large body of work, attending to both details and the bigger picture.
• Ability to supervise and support interns and volunteers
• Proficiency in basic computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, databases
Position is full-time. Salary 32K-37K, plus health, dental and vision benefits. Start date will be June 1, 2008 unless otherwise negotiated. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to Adam Gold:
PO Box 3596, Oakland, CA 94609