||[Wednesday, May. 28th, 2008|10:17 pm]
The richest girl in town.
- Bus passes for AC Transit are expensive--$70 a month.|
- Spent my morning in a meeting about our Get Out the Vote plan. This required much number-crunching to figure out how many rounds of face-to-face and phone contacts we need to make to get a decent number of reminders out and then more number-crunching to figure out how many 4-hour shifts we need to fill and how many volunteers I still need to find (HINT! HINT!) before this weekend. I have finally bent Excel to my will and will be on the phone pretty much non-stop for the next two days. We should call ourselves Just Calls Oakland.
- Saturday I'll be working from 9 to 5 at the headquarters and then tabling at the Critical Resistance fundraiser between 7 and 11, then back at work the next morning at 10. Oy.
- I am definitely going to be in Miami from June 18-22. Sometime between the end of the campaign and then I need to write a report on the campaign. That'll be interesting.
- I've been riding my bike a lot more. It feels good. Indy's a good bike, even though she needs a tune-up.
- Still, I can't wait until I get to have a car for a few weeks. It'll be nice to have more mobility--especially once the campaign's over and I can go out again and see people and do stuff. I already have plans to hang out with The Modyfier and her hubby next weekend. I can't wait.