I'll admit to having had some doubts about the Hubba Hubba Revue/Baxtalo Drom show last night (the how-many-kinds-of-cultural-appropriation-c
So, yeah, what a fun way to ring in the new year back in the bay.
Last year was rough in a lot of ways, and I still may write a more complete 2008 post-mortem, but I don't feel like it yet. I will say there are a couple of things I'm very proud of having done last year:
- put my money (but, really, my time) where my mouth is when it comes to political activism
- worked on several electoral campaigns and helped stomp the living shit out of Prop 98
- stepped up to take care of my grandmother
- finally gotten a set of wheels again
- performed burlesque--and done so in a way consistent with my sense of aesthetics, humor, and politics
- somehow, despite all the bullshit, had a lot of fun
Here's hoping for a longer list of good stuff for '09. Or else.