||[Wednesday, Mar. 24th, 2010|02:23 am]
The richest girl in town.
- Woke up at 5 in the morning to be at work before 6 for a virtual event that started at 7.
- 13 hours later, drove to the east bay, stopped home to let the dog out, picked up a bottle of whiskey, and headed to a burial for a sweet, burly cat named Moses.
- Came home and got into yet another online brawl with yet another poet who doesn't get it--and is enough of a punk to have deleted all of his comments to me, the first of which included the following:
And, again, out of curiosity, are you really saying as a Gay man, that I don't deal with prejudice on a regular basis? Because that's either a statement ignorant of who I am ( which is perfectly acceptable) or it's an ignorant statement discrediting homophobia, and I'd like to know which of those two things to respond to.Though I'm spiteful enough to have dragged the notifications out of my trash, I'm not spiteful enough to post them or name him.
- Caught a good portion of the last round of the School of Slam at La Pena.
- Found out that one of the little Texas middle-schoolers for whom the show was organized mocked an Asian poet who read before the first round with "Hey, Mister Lee!"
- Drank at the Starry Plough and then at the Ruby Room.
- Going to bed now, full of frustration and disappointment. Also, really excited about some of what I've seen written in the last few days (I'm looking at you, ratpackslim).
- And very in love with Jason.
We can continue the battles tomorrow.